These crackers are a clean alternative to supermarket crackers without all the non-foods filling them. They may sound time consuming but most of the time is done in the oven the are really easy to make and delicious to eat. You will need to soak the seeds overnight.
160g mixed seeds, such as pumpkin, sunflower and sesame
40g ginger, grated
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 lemons juiced
1 bunch spring onions, chopped
4 tbsp tamari
3 tbsp dulse flakes*
2 sheets nori*
2 tsp himalayan or celtic sea salt
- Place linseeds in a bowl and cover with water. Place the other seeds in a separate bowl and cover with water and leave to soak overnight.
- The next morning drain and rinse the mixed seeds and add them to the jelly like linseeds.
- In a blender or food processor blend garlic, ginger, spring onions, lemons, dulse flakes, nori sheets and tamari. Add mixture to the seeds and mix well, adding salt.
- Heat oven to 50 deg or as low as it will go. Spread the mixture very thinly on baking paper lined trays and bake for about 6 hours, turning over to help the drying process half way. Remove from the oven and cool on the trays.
- Break into pieces and serve with your favourite dips. Also great with avocado spread on top with lemon salt and pepper. They can be stored in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
* Nori sheets and dulse flakes are available at asian supermarkets or health food stores